Thursday, June 26, 2008

Update on Us

Well, I can quite honestly say this summer has not kicked off like I had thought, imagined or certainly planned.

It started that dreadful Saturday night of June 7 when we had the torrential down poor of rain. Our basement flooded again. I know majority of you know the saga, so I will spare you the infuriating, obnoxious details. Here it is, nearing 3 weeks later and we are all living in tight quarters...the kids are all in the spare bedroom/office upstairs. We are adjusting to our new living situation, but definitely not happy about it. I estimate that this will be our situation for another 6-8 weeks.

Other than that we are all doing very well. I have been very busy with work, but I love it. My summer babysitter schedule is working out and the kids are happy.

I leave tomorrow for the weekend to go to Cedar Point with the middle school youth group. This will be fun....just pray for no rain. I am a bit nervous how my 30+ year old body will weather all the rides the kids are asking me to go on with them.

Zoe is due in about 1 1/2 weeks for her second litter of pups. I cannot wait. It is hard to tell, but I don't think she is quite as large as last time. So, hopefully a few less than 10 this time around.

Hope you are all enjoying the summer!!

No comments: