Thursday, January 3, 2013

I don't believe in coincidences...just sayin'

We have been experiencing the most amazing connections in just some of the craziest ways lately.  We don't believe in coincidences...these meetings (or nearly reunions) are just blowing my mind.

So, I had already blogged previously about the crazy meeting I had with (unexpectingly for me) coming face to face with Dr.  Yaa, (Link to Blog here).  Well, since then, there have been a few other "reunions"!!

Shortly after we had accepted our referral of Sadie (in May 2011)  our adoption case worker traveled to Ghana.  It was at that time she met and started advocating for finding the forever family of a sweet baby girl, Afua.

Afua....Such a beautiful baby girl!  She had the most beautiful eyes.  I remember passing on her information to a very special friend of mine and then the praying began.  We felt such a strong connection to this special angel, Afua.  It was not in God's plan for my friend to adopt Afua, however, we did not stop praying for her.  We celebrated when we had heard a family came forward to adopt her, we mourned when we found that that placement did not come to be.  We prayed some more for sweet sweet Afua.

 Fast forward to December 2012... 1 1/2 years later...I am on a Ghana Adopt facebook group and I know many of you are aware of my "facebook stalking" tendancies.  I was being drawn to "stalk" this really neat mom of a very sweet special needs girl, that really had alot of similiarities to Sadie.  Not being one to stay quiet for long, I ended up messaging this mom and "outing" my weird stalking behavior, only to find that she has also be stalking me!  We started "chatting" thru several e-mails and I just could not help but wonder in the back of my mind and finally had to ask...."Your baby...was her name Afua??"  Oddly, as I waited for her response, I was literally tense.  What are the chances!?  This world is really so big!  I am sure that this child could not possibly be the baby my friend and I have prayed over.  There are 436 members in the Ghana group...and I am certain hundreds, if not thousands of families that have adopted from Ghana before.  What are the chances.  When her answer came back as "Yes!"  I nearly fell off my chair.  Again, just as with Dr. Yaa and God knitting that reunion together for nearly 2 1/2 years...He did it again.  It is odd, but I have grown quickly to cherish this mother and knowing that I had been praying for her daugther over a year and a half ago, just makes me know that God was intentional in uniting me with this new friend.  I am in awe that she and her husband not just chose to adopt, but brave a special needs adoption FIRST as a way of starting their family.  I am excited to see the blessings that comes from my new friendship.

Shortly after Sadie was home, my niece called me.  She is a Pediatric Echocardio-somethin or other...She works at a children's hospital in southern Ohio and performs echocardiograms on children.  She was very excited explaining how a mom was in with her two recently adopted children that had some significant special needs.  After sharing her story with my niece, she started telling this mom about our Princess.  As it ended up...she (the mom) already knew her!  Not only knew her, but also prayed for her!!   When I heard this story, I was amazed.   Our little tiny Ghanaian Princess....how she touched so so many lives.  Fast forward again to just earlier this very week....I am advocating for placement of some pretty special kiddos and posted some info on Danny.  This very nice lady inquired if she could pass his information on.  I agreed and thanked her for helping spread the word on this boy.  She later friend requested me on facebook.  I was intrigued by a picture she posted earlier TODAY and something about one of her children struck me as very familiar to the conversation I had with my niece over a year ago.   So, I had to ask if she may have been that lady.  I don't know why I was surprised when she said YES!  Of course it was her!  At this point I should just assume.

I have been having some pretty awesome people popping up in my life recently with advocating for these kids in Ghana.  It may seem weird, but I feel blessed by each meeting!  These families are all so inspiring and I am left in awe and amazement of each one!

These "reunions" are true blessings!!  I think it just shows us all how huge and SIGNIFICANT the lives of these little special needs kiddos are!  These are our life changers that can bring people together from many different states, even countries, just by sharing the love we have for each of them.

2 comments:

Kara said...

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." :)

Mae said...

Sitting down and catching up on your blog! I want to read every single post! I've got a lot of ground to cover, but I'm going to do it :) ...anyhow, as I'm reading, I see this very sweet and unbelievable paragraph about us! THANK YOU! I've been telling everyone I know, "You WON'T BELIEVE WHO GOD BROUGHT INTO MY LIFE!" When they hear your connection with our Afua, they just about faint. So. Unbelievable. God is so good!!! So thankful for you!