Saturday, May 31, 2008

Is it just me, or are kids EXTREMELY loud, when they are being BRUTALLY honest?

So, I just suffered one of THE MOST embarrassing moments this evening in Meijer.

I am pretty sure that no one should find this offensive, but if you do, I do apologize.

So, I am in the U-Scan check out with all three kids, but this story is pretty much about the youngest Beute, Nate.

So, I approach the clerk at the desk for some assistance and I could already tell (not trying to be stereotyping at all, but it was obvious) that this young man had some rather "femanine" gestures to him.

When he (the clerk) is done assisting us and has he is walking back to his station (about 3 feet from us) Nate asks very loudly "Is that a boy or a girl?" I know that not only did the three other u-scan isle heard this, but pretty certain the employee did as well. So I say "Don't be silly, of course he is a boy". Then, even louder (and still very innocent) Nate replies with "Well, he doesn't SOUND like a boy".

On the inside I was so embarrassed, shocked that Nate could tell that he didn't "sound" like a boy...but also agreeing with him, that indeed this young man did not "sound" like the average boy.

So, I gathered up my things as quickly as I possibly could and got out of there as quick as possible, making eye contact with NO ONE!

Guess I will just have to chalk this up to just one of the many not-so-proud moments yet to come.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh my!!! I am laughing so hard!! that is so funny! Very imbaressing but way too funny!! Got to love an innocent observation..Smart one too!!