Friday, May 16, 2008

Sometimes you wish your kids DIDN'T share!

Kobe is doing MUCH better! He is actually back at school today and believe me....we were BOTH excited about that. I almost wish they would just give them the antibiotic shot right away instead of messing around with 5 days of meds. that apparently don't work anyway.

But now Nate is sick! Last night I kind of accused him of faking an upset stomach. See, the rule in our house is if you are sick you get to sleep in the spare bedroom across the hall from our room. This is where Kobe has resided for almost a week. Because of this Nate has been sleeping in Ryleigh's bed and Ryleigh on the floor. Not ideal by any means, but Nate is scare to sleep alone and didn't and was scared to be on Ryleigh's floor too, I guess. So anyway, last night Nate started saying that his tummy hurt, so he guessed that meant to got to sleep in the "computer room" aka spare bedroom. It was said quite pathetically as to lay it on real thick to get some sympathy....but when I told him I was going on a bike ride with Ryleigh and Kobe he made a miraculous recovery and raced with the rest of them.

So, I hung out at a friends house a little later than I probably should have on a school night last night and came in about midnight. I got caught up in an episode of Miami Ink when Nate started calling for me at 1:00. He came upstairs and sure enough 103 fever! Needless to say, I didn't get to bed until closer to 2:00 this morning. 6:30 came fast and furious this morning, that's for sure.

So, as often as we try to get our kids to share, encourage our kids to share....or just plain MAKE them share, I really wish this was one occasion Kobe kept his germs to himself. I am so sick of sick kids.

No comments: