Thursday, April 24, 2008

I wish I had a picture to show you

The kids have been asking for a while to ride their bikes to school. So, I arranged it for Nick to be home in the a.m. to stay home with Nate. Nate and I rode bikes to school last week because Ryleigh forgot her lunch and on his little bike, with his little legs....he did not want to repeat the trip ever again. So, with Nick home this morning and able to be home this afternoon I took Ryleigh and Kobe to school via bike ride.

We also invited the Reeder boys (Adam and Dillon) as well as Ryleigh's best friend, Miranda. So, I felt like a little mama duck this morning with these five little kids off to school.

To ensure safety, I gave them an "order" from oldest to youngest to stay in and I was at the end to make sure we didn't lose anybody. I was sure we would have at least one accident on the way there as Kobe is a huge tailgater on his bike. But, without incident we safely made it to school. It was really so much fun and we beat majority or the buses this morning also, so the kids thought that was really cool to be among the first to get to school today.

Now I am starting to prepare to ride back to bring the 4 remaining (Kobe only goes 1/2 day and I picked him and his bike up at noon) home. Hopefully all will go as smooth as it did this morning.

Everyone get out and enjoy this weather while you can....I hear snow is in the forecast for next week!

1 comment:

julie said...

Thanks for taking the kids, the boys really loved being able to ride with you!! You are a super mom!!!