Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bi-Lingual Nate

Most of you are familiar with the HILARIOUS things that come out of Nate's mouth. Truly I have met no other child with such a creative and big imagination. Well, apparently Nate can add "Bi-Lingual" to the list of all the things he can do (along with motor cross, baseball, football, basketball, soccer, flying airplanes, etc.).

So we were walking to some friends' house on the other side of 56th. Ryleigh and her friend took scooters, Kobe on his bike, Nick and I each with a dog (oh and I am carrying Nate's scooter as he didn't feel like riding it anymore). So, Nate and I are quite aways back from the rest of the group and we were walking past a house where a guy was grilling outside. Nate says "hi" and waves. The nice guy responds back with a "hello" and wave as well. Nate says to me "Mom, know why I said hi to that man?" I respond with a "No, why". "Because that is being nice." I informed him that, yes, it was very nice of him to say hi. Then he looks at me totally serious and he says "Mom, do you know what hi means?" Now, of course I do....but I am wondering where he is headed with this. So, I amuse him and say no, what does it mean? "Hi is a spanish word and I can talk spanish".

Good to know. I will make sure to let his preschool know next year that he has a head start on his "spanish".

2 comments:

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

SOOO CUTE! Kids say the funniest things and they are so sincere!! Sounds like you are very busy! :) Fun Fun!! Take Care!