Thursday, February 7, 2013

Him...seeking ME!!

So, yesterday, I put my facebook status as this;

"When I got up this morning I started thinking that this was "it" the start of probably the busiest month...ever. Starting today every Monday and Wednesday Sadie has at least 2 appointments, some days going from Holland to Grand Rapids, most going into Grand Rapids not once, but twice. Not at ALL fun as toting a child with low/no muscle tone + winter coat + carseat is just a combination that does... not work and would make you just cancel all appointments and stay home. Jesus Calling this morning: "Come to me and rest. I am all about you, to bless and restore. Breathe Me in with each breath. The way just ahead of you is very steep. Slow down and cling tightly to My hand. I am teaching you a difficult lesson, learned only by hardship". AMEN!"

Sometimes I say that there was too much "special needs" in one day for me.  Some days are easy and I love it...other days are more challenging.  As of late, I am feeling the PHYSICAL tole on my body as Sadie is getting bigger. 

My day yesterday was one of the "tougher" ones as a special needs mom.  Got the big kids all off to school, came home and tried my best to clean up the house before the Children's Special Health Nurse stopped in for her annual visit.  Before she came, I had to feed Sadie and of course, spilled formula all over her.  Clean her up and got her dressed just as the nurse was coming in.  The visit with the nurse was for an hour.  An entire hour where all we focus all on what is "wrong" with my daughter.  The highlight was when the nurse (who was the same who visited us last year) pointed out that I seemed in a much better "place" than last year.  All I can think was; "So, it was THAT obvious how much I was struggling last year...shoot, thought I did a better job covering that up".

Sadie has therapy at Mary Free Bed on Wednesday afternoons. So, I bundle her up, drive to Grand Rapids, unload/pop up stroller, load baby, unload for therapy, do therapy for an hour, rebundle, decide against reloading the stroller, carry baby, push stroller, load all back up, and then race back home so that the boys are home for only a few minutes alone. 

Get home now 45 minutes past "feeding" time for Sadie and needing her 4:00 meds.  Ryleigh has to be picked up in 15 minutes from volleyball, have homework for the boys and need to leave very soon to go talk to an adoption group at a church a fair distance away. Breathe!

I have been struggling with migraines almost daily for the past week.  These start as tension from my back/shoulders from how I have to lift/carry Sadie.  As I am driving home from therapy,  I am feeling physicall ill from my headache and all I can think is how badly I really WANT to cancel speaking at the church (can you say Devil working....)

PRAISE for a friend calling back to grab Ryleigh for me!  PRAISE for an awesome dinner provided by someone from church!

Eat, change, leave.

Go to a great church that has an Adoption/Orphan Ministry (LOVE IT!!!!) and talk to that group! SUCCESS!!! LOVE sharing Sadie's story!

Get home, EXHAUSTED. I voice to Nick that I need a "mom break".  Like a REAL one.  Like a leave home for a weekend, don't look back, know everyone is good and I can relax weekend. 

Go to bed.

Sadie is up at 2:30, so I got about 4 1/2 - 5 ish hours of sleep before I get back up and ready to do it all over again today.  By 4:30 this morning, I have the laundry done, dishes done, showered and just sat down to read Jesus Calling for today, February 7.

"Come to Me for Rest and refreshment.  The journey has been too much for you, and your are bone-weary.  Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion.  Instead, see it as an opportunity for Me to take charge of your life.  Remember that I can fit into a pattern for good, including the things you wish were different.  Start with where you are at this point in time and space, accepting that this is where I intend you to be.  You will get through today one step, one moment at a time.  Your main responsibility is to remain attentive to Me, letting Me guide you through the many choices along your pathway.  This sounds like an easy assignment, but it is not.  Your desire to live in My presence goes again the grain of the world, the flesh, and the devil.  Much of your weariness results from your constant battle against these opponents. However, you are on the path of My choosing, so do not give up!  Hope in Me, for you will again praise Me for the help of My presence".

I love how direct God is with us.  How individual and specific He is! If you think about ALL of His children, all who He loves and cares for, and how somehow He is still able to take time to talk directly to Me?  Oh how He loves me!

My prayer is that all of you, hear our Heavenly Father speaking so clearly and directly to you TODAY...EVERYDAY!

Update on the Movement (formerly known as the fundraiser);

Total amount of people "attending" (according to Facebook): 460
Total amount of people "invited" (according to Facebook): 9,082
Total amount of people who have visited this blog in ONE WEEK: 3,845
Total raised in one week (as of this morning): $4,432.45

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!

If you are looking to donate to Sadie's Chariot Fund, click on this link for directions on that;
http://www.beutebunch.blogspot.com/2013/01/online-donation-for-sadies-chariot.html



 

1 comment:

Gretchen VanHeukelum said...

Hi Audrey, I was blown away by your blog entry--you are amazing! If you ever need help with transportation, let me know. I am usually at school until sport practices are over and could easily drop Ryleigh off at home. Let me know if I can help.
Blessings,
Gretchen