Monday, December 3, 2012

If not you....then who?

I struggle every day with the title of this post.  IF NOT YOU, THEN WHO?  I think of this sweet sweet baby girl in Ghana that because of her title of "special needs" nobody has stepped out in faith to make her theirs.  It continues to replay over and over and over in my mind all day...If NOT ME, THEN WHO?  I know, in order to be fair to Sadie (and the older three kids) and to this precious girl, our family is not the right place for her.  She needs all same indvidualized attention we give to Sadie all to herself.  But if not US...then WHO? 

Being thru three seperate adoptions...I KNOW first hand that they are scary.  Being thru a special needs adoption, I know how hard the "what will people think" feeling is like.  Having a special needs child is not easy.  But friends, the Lord does not call us to a life of EASY!  He WANTS us to be challenged!  He WANTS us to be uncomfortable!  In those times do we grow in HIM.  He does not bless us with so much just to sit on our couches and enjoy all the blessings He has given to us!  NO!  We are to be His HANDS.  We are to be His FEET!  The best way we can do this is by getting uncomfortable and stepping out in faith in ways to many seem CRAZY....but all for the Glory of GOD and the babies (especially the difficult ones) He has placed on this earth!

This sweet AMAZING baby has been on my heart since leaving Ghana weeks ago.  She needs a family like no other.  No...she DESERVES a family like no other.  I have been given the permission by the orphanage director to advocate for her forever family.  We have prayed and prayed over her.

If you have considered adoption...consider this child.  She is about 1 1/2 - 2 years old and just beautiful.  She needs a family that is first and foremost committed to Christ and His plan.  This child will ONLY go to a Christian family.  It is preferred for the family to have a homestudy completed, or one that is ready to move forward quickly.  This will be an independent adoption and should role quickly because of her health.  I will share privately with you answers to any of your questions.  Please call (616) 340-3503 or e-mail me at audreyb74@altelco.net specific questions. 

This baby girl has so much potential, just needs to right forever family to give her all the tools.  An incentive???  I will forever be part of your life! ;)  I will follow this baby girl forever and do anything in my power to help her and her family along.

2 comments:

Kelli TenHaken said...

Thanks for advocating for this angel baby!
What a blessing Ruby has been to us (our special kiddo from Ethiopia). That doesn't mean things are always easy, but I know this sweet girl will bring joy to her forever family! Please consider bring her into your family!

Anonymous said...

I am Kelli TenHaken's mother-in-law and I was moved by your story. Our family will pray for yours. We have come to realize that God has a plan for each child. Often, it does not fit in with the plans we have 'made' for ourselves, and it takes a full and complete surrender to His good and perfect will. Thanks for sharing your story.
Beth TenHaken, Worthington, MN