Sunday, December 2, 2012

Who does that!?

So, I have been "down and out" since coming home from Ghana.  When I got back I had one day of pure crazy adrenaline and excitement for all that happened....then for the next week I was down with a terrible "bug".  Now I have been spending the past few days recovering from a Hysterectomy.  It has been challenging being forced to rest and "be still".

One part of my trip that I just stand in awe of, was the meeting of Dr. Yaa.  I will have to explain the back story.

Our Princess Sadie was born at 34 weeks in Ghana as a result of a failed abortion.  Praise God that He had purpose for her life and gave her breath on that day.  However, her trials only began.   Children born like Sadie in countries like Ghana are not valued, nor do they have the resources available to properly care for them.  It is not unheard of for children like this to be placed in dumpsters or left in a corner to die.  When we tell people of Sadie's life, we chronicle it by miracles, as she is just that.  The first miracle in her life was that she was born ALIVE.  The second miracle, we have always said was Dr. Yaa.  See, Dr. Yaa not only advocated for Sadie's life, but also had her family pay for a large portion of her care (if not all) while spending the first 8 - 9 months in the hospital and had her first shunt surgery.

Sadie has been blessed with many mothers to love her forever, and I think of Dr. Yaa as her first. 
 
When I arrived at City of Refuge on Wednesday, while in Ghana, Stacy told me then that she had a surprise for me the following day.  Number one, majority of you know that I cannot stand surprises and that the suspense of them generally eats away at me.  I also could not even imagine what in the world they could surprise me with!  I was blessed to be visiting at the same time some members from YGAP were there.  YGAP is an amazing organization from Australia that supports City of Refuge.  So, a meeting had been arranged for the group of YGAP, along with Johnbull and Stacy from City of Refuge, to meet with the head doctor at a Women's Clinic in a town nearby.  The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the possibility of a future Women's Clinic at City of Refuge with the assistance of YGAP.  The ministry of City of Refuge will never cease to AMAZE me!!  (Here is a "teaser" for you...keep an eye open on how you can help City of Refuge too!)
 
So, I think that this is pretty cool and have no clue what is in store for me until I reach this office room that we are going to meet with and Stacy comes walking out with a beautiful woman who looks only slightly familiar to me, and introduces me to Dr. Yaa!!!
 
Never, ever in a million years....I have e-mailed this amazing lady on the other side of the world and have had back/forth correspondence with her.  In writing, I have thanked her from the depth of my heart for what she has done for this miracle child.  But never, ever did I ever think I would be blessed with the opportunity to meet her in person.
 
 
Tears were shed by us both.  Well, weeping actually.
 
I knew that going to Ghana was in many ways going to be "therapeutic" for me, but I never imagined what all the Lord had planned for me while there.
 
I am still in shock and amazement.  If you take a step back and you see how God had knitted that planned meeting for us...2 1/2 years ago.  It wasn't by "chance" that I just "happened" to book my trip at the time my friend's were going...and that "ironically" this group YGAP just decided to be there as well and just thought of the idea of a women's clinic and this meeting with Dr. Yaa's father just "coincidentally" fell during my time with City of Refuge.
 
Who does that?!  Who could possibly orchestrate the most perfect plan like that?  My God, that's who! 
 
This is just the beginning.  The Lord moved so many things in my heart in that very fast week, just listening to His will and His direction on what I can do next.....


1 comment:

Bryan and Yvonne said...

Audrey, I think you have a great story to share. And you are right, only God could put this all together like he did! I am so happy to hear that things went great in the prep work to leave and while you were there. I also will lift you up in prayer for a quick healing from surgery. I can't wait to hear what the rest of God's plans are for you, your family, and for Sadie. Voni