Thursday, March 20, 2008

7 years ago today



It is Ryleigh's birthday. She is 7. Guess I am not feeling too excited about it. I know she is excited, but I am pretty bummed. Where did the past 7 years go? I was getting the video camera out on Sunday to use for Youth Group and was forwarding thru some video tapes looking for a blank one. To be honest, I never really realized how much video we took of Ryleigh when she was younger (typical first child I guess, because we have none of the boys). It made me so sad! She was such a fun (and funny) baby/toddler. Now she is a BEAUTIFUL (but very stubborn) girl.

There are BIG surprises in store for her today that I cannot wait for. No "big" celebration this year. There is no "friend" party nor are we getting together with either sides of families. Nick's family has always done the "Beute Birthday Bash" where we get together in July and celebrate everyone's birthday at one time (very nice and fun for larger families) and this year my family is trying it as well. So, on Saturday we will have Grandpa and Grandma's over, but that is it. Since she won't be reading this (but I will show her later tonight) I can tell you that she and her best friend are going to go to High School Musical on Ice tomorrow. She has no clue about this yet. Prior to HSM they are going to go to Libby Lu's for a "make over" then we will go out to dinner. So, although no parties, I am certain this will be a good birthday for her.

It is so crazy to think that before having children all I really wanted in my life were 4 boys. That is what I pictured my ideal family being. Although the dream of 4 children is still very much alive, I just cannot picture how my life would have been without Ryleigh. The bond between mother and daughter is definately like no other. Not stronger than a mother and son by no means, but it is different. I feel so blessed that God chose us to be her parents and raise her. (I can say this today because the morning went relatively smooth....).


Happy Birthday Ryleigh! I love you so much and hope this was a GREAT 7th Birthday for you!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

She's beautiful! I'm sure that she will be thrilled to go to HSM and I hope she has a wonderful birthday!