Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lost and Found


Driving down a dirt road tonight Nick saw this ball of fur on the side. We backed up to find this domestic bunny FREEZING on the side of the road. Anyone who knows me knows I can't leave an animal loose like that. It was right on the edge of the dirt road. I got out and another car was driving by. I thought for sure going near the edge to clear our car he was going to hit this rabbit, but amazingly he did not. The rabbit, however, didn't move either. I picked it up and it was freezing with ice and snow stuck to it. Well, we took it home, made it a warm bed and surprisingly Family Fare carries rabbit food! So I fixed him up with some rabbit food, lettuce and carrots and he (or she, I guess) has been just chomping away. Nick and I don't believe this poor animal was long for this life if left on the side of the road much longer.




Now....what to do with this thing......We are DEFINITELY not in the market for a rabbit. If you know of anyone who maybe, please pass this along and have them get in contact with me. I know I can bring it out to the Humane Society, but I am afraid they will put it to sleep. I haven't handled it anymore than necessary because I don't know how nice it really is or if it may have some weird diseases or something (I know nothing about rabbits).




Help me find this guy a place to live!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Julie sent me over here....I hope that you can find a home for the bunny. Sorry I can't take her! :)

Audrey said...

No problem...he actually found himself a very nice home here (I am such a sucker for poor animals). Thank you though!!